I suggest you ...

Improve audio playback controls usability and access

This may involve conflicts with voice over or zoom but how about on screen controls for audio without having to accurately tap small target. Many options like two fingers tap to play and stop or right flick one finger for next and two fingers for next section.

25 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JessicaJessica shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BruceBruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought read2go for a non-tech almost blind reader who can use the Audible reader okay using double two finger tap to start and stop it with VoiceOver on ipad, even after closing the cover and re-opening it.
        This does not work with Read2go... Opening the cover sets it back to 'bookshelf' and we are lost. I have to turn VoiceOver off to get to the play button, and even then it won't make sound. I wasted $20.00.

• Deborah ArmstrongDeborah Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The List Recorder app uses multiple gestures and does not conflict with VO. It would be good for R2G programmers to model its interface. Also, if you simply use the same gestures VO uses, there should be no conflict; two-finger double-tap to pause/play, three-finger flick up or down to scroll.

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I am not sure just how this could work without conflicting with VO, but the two-finger double tap should certainly play/pause the book. This would be especially useful for reading in the background.

Feedback and Knowledge Base