Add Read2Go in the "Open In" options for any links to DAISY books
If I point to links to zipped, DRM-free Daisy files in my O'Reilly eBooks account in Safari, and activate the links, I'm offered the option to "Open in" apps like Filer (file transfer app). However, other apps that support usage like editing text files can support the "Open in" option for zip files. I would like Read2Go to be able to support importing from direct links to zipped Daisy files in the Safari browser, so that the "Open in" dialog appears with "Read2Go" as one of the options.
This past spring the 126.96.36.199 version was released and it supports a neat feature that makes use of the “Open In” functionality available in the browser on iDevices. To use this feature:
1) Log into Bookshare on your browser (Safari, Chrome, etc.) from your iDevice (iPhone, iPad, etc.)
2) Go to any page in Bookshare from where you would normally download a book, such as My History, My Reading Lists, Advanced Search results, etc.)
3) If the book has not been packaged for download, you will need to select “Download” and choose the DAISY Text with Images format option. If the book is ready for you, the link will say “Available”.
3) Select and hold the “Available” link until the “Open In” function appears and choose “Read2Go”.
4) The book will be automatically downloaded into your Read2Go library, complete with images, and will open Read2Go ready to read this new book!
If you have not upgraded your Read2Go since April, please do so soon so that you can use this great “open in” tool!
i think i voted for this idea, but when i double tap the vote button it's not telling me whether or not i was successful. as far as i can tell, the voting button doesn't even show up on a pc. I think this is a great idea.