I suggest you ...

Support background playback & nav controls when locked

Like the iPod app, the Audible and Stitcher Apps can play while the device is locked, and will stop and start with two-finger double-tap. Also, play resumes after disconnecting from a call. I imagine this could only work with the speech engine and not with voice-over reading. Other than a few reproducable crashes, this is a great first approximation of Bookshare on iOS.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joel ZimbaJoel Zimba shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Randy RusnakRandy Rusnak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see the app work in the backround as well. As it is, you can't place your I product in your pocketwhile you were in a jym on a treadmill. If one is reading I have noticed sometime the play/pause buttons will looze focus. This really needs to be addressed. When the device is unlocked if this locking issue is put in to affect. Just want to say Its a great first step. Love the app.

• David PartrickDavid Partrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As it stands, reading with the device locked is the biggest item on my wish list. Having the screen on just wastes precious battery life.

• jbarjbar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I like this feature, I don't think it's easily doable. Media apps can call an IOS service to continue playing a media file. There's no IOS service that says "continue translating this document into speech.

• Deborah ArmstrongDeborah Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I read in bed while falling asleep. Students read on or while waiting for the bus. If you are reading with audio, you need a way to put it in your pocket and keep reading continuously. This means it should keep reading even when the sleep button is pressed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base