I suggest you ...

allow multiple Bookshare members to share a device

My husband, daughter and myself all are qualified bookshare members, but we share an iPad. Enabling multiple users would be very helpful!

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VLMaplesVLMaples shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i added my account and was unable to download the book to the ipad and use the app

the app asked for student name and member name i clicked on select student and
        the app quick working

can u help dslwxx@verizon.net

• Michelle BennettMichelle Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 2 kids withBookshare access and it would definitely make it easier to load both set of creditials in the app and download books into separate libraries.

• VLMaplesVLMaples commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds like you are on the right path. I know we are not the only family with more than one user sharing a device and traveling homebound teachers have the same problem for families without Internet or computers, too. Thanks for acknowledging the need! If titles can be sorted by title or last access, that would be helpful, too!

• janejane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It just dawned on me when reading the original comment that a family is much the same as when I choose students as an administrator.
        Having titles sorted alphabetically under a sub category of user would help me as an administrator using a device for more than one student or so family books could have their books be separated by the reader too. Once you find your name, there would only be your titles to view. This also better addresses the unique user piece of the guidelines.....

• janejane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wouldn't it be possible to set families up more like a school and they just select the user when downloading?

• VLMaplesVLMaples commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be better for us if each user maintained their own bookshelf, not possible if you have to log in and out and don't have access to WiFi while at a doctor appointment or driving. We live in rural Mississippi and only have WiFi at home and in a few doctor's offices, but no way to download on the road.

Feedback and Knowledge Base