I suggest you ...

let users upload their own pdfs. As a grad student i would like to read my textbooks.

As it stands I cannot read my own material. I have therefore spent $20 for this app and cannot use it! I am very disappointed as I had high hopes this app would help me.

Is there a way to open my own pdf files with your app?

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BRBBRB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. I really need to use this for my own PDFs that are not on bookshare.

• Wade HWade H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with the anonymous grad student. Why would I pay for your application if you don't provide the ability to access .pdf files. I MIGHT take a free look if you put it on AppsGoneFree for a free trial. I'm not inclined to spend $20 for something that cannot be fully useable for me. Your post was over a year ago Shajey. What's the status of the accessibility issues you mentioned on 2/26/12? Are you willing to go AppsGoneFree for a trial? Thanks for you reply (please).

• Nancy RNancy R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can documents be saved in a DAISY format using a converter, moved to an ipad through application such as dropbox, then be read using Read2Go?

• RiazRiaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there
        I am trying to load books from gutenberg.org but i failed, do not know to load books epub etc . please help me.

• Mary WestendorfMary Westendorf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can use Bookshare to download any text book so you should be able to get your grad student books. Call the help desk if you need help. 650-352-0198

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got a kindle fire. i can convert pdf to word and read, highlight, etc that way. Buying your app was just a donation to you... so enjoy. I am aware there are issues with pdfs on many platforms. I am glad I found a way to deal with my issue -- requires a lot of work, but better than not.

Feedback and Knowledge Base